BBQ Pork Ribs with Coffee Rub
Serves 3 to 4
2 American style Pork Ribs
1 bottle BBQ Smokehouse Sauce
4 Tbsp BBQ Rub with Coffee
1 Bowl of pickled cucumber relish to serve
1 Bowl of home made Coleslaw to serve
- Preheat Kettle BBQ for indirect cooking (or middle shelf of your home oven) at 150°C.
- Coat each side of each rack of ribs with 1 Tablespoon of BBQ Rub with Coffee. Ensure you get an even spread.
- Wrap each rack of ribs presentation side up in baking paper then aluminium foil to make 2.
- separate parcels. Be sure that they are fully sealed to retain all of the juices when cooking.
- Place parcels in Kettle cooker beside each other (avoid overlapping) and close lid.
- Cook for 2 hours and monitor Kettle BBQ temperature.
- At 2 hours test for readiness by carefully opening 1 parcel and peel 2 middle ribs away from each other using tongs. Cook a further 15 minutes if required. When they separate easily they are ready to be basted.
- Without removing the parcels, fully open them leaving the ribs sitting in the juices. Pour 1/3 of the BBQ Smokehouse Sauce bottle on each rack. Spread evenly with a basting brush.
- Close the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes. Ribs are ready when the sauce has taken on a caramelised look and should fall away from the bone easily.
- Serve with pickled cucumber relish, home made coleslaw and an American Pale Ale.